- 8 ounces uncooked dried fettuccine
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup carrots (about 2 large), cut into strips with vegetable peeler
- 1 cup zucchini (about 2 large), cut into strips with vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Rinse with hot water; drain. Set aside.
In Dutch oven heat 2 tablespoons oil; add carrots and zucchini. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until carrots and zucchini are crisply tender (5 to 7 minutes). Remove from pan; set aside.
In same pan heat 1/4 cup olive oil; add almonds. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned (3 to 4 minutes). Add dried cranberries. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until cranberries plump slightly (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat. Add spinach and red pepper flakes; continue stirring until spinach wilts (1 to 2 minutes). Stir in fettuccine until heated through.
Sprinkle with cheese, if desired; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.